Log in

No account? Create an account
Entries Journal Reading List Calendar User Info Previous Previous Next Next
What is this called? - Morgan Dawn Livejournal:The Here And Now
The Here And Now
What is this called?
Does fandom have a word or a phrase for people (fans, journalists...) deliberately asking about fanworks/showing fanworks to the actors and other TPTB. Examples: making the actors read fanfic out-loud, showing them fanart in public and observing their reactions, asking actors in front of an audience about slash, sending/giving actors/TPTB fanworks privately, putting actors/TPTB into positions where they are forced to make a statement about fanworks...

This is not necessarily outing, because it is not always tied to a specific fanwork. Ex: someone asking an actor about slash or mpreg or RPF. [A Dreamwidth post with comment count unavailable comments | Post or read on Dreamwidth| How to use OpenID]


3 comments or Leave a comment
danielleleigh From: danielleleigh Date: November 18th, 2014 02:48 pm (UTC) (Link)
I've seen it called "breaking the fourth wall" around fandom...
crickets From: crickets Date: November 18th, 2014 03:48 pm (UTC) (Link)
I don't know if I've seen it referred to as one specific thing but I do know that people hate it when it happens, haha.
carbonel From: carbonel Date: November 18th, 2014 04:10 pm (UTC) (Link)
I call it tacky, but that's not what you were asking. Haven't encountered a specific term, though.
3 comments or Leave a comment